The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a VCM Coordinator (State Supervisor) for the UNICEF C4D/Polio Programme in Katsina State. The VCM Coordinator will be the most senior staff based in all the high-risk state capitals (where we have VCM Networks fully functioning) as the project leads and will be responsible for providing the required support to Zonal and Country office teams.
- Ensure monthly work plan for the state and communication plans to be carried out by the VCMNet
- Conduct a bottleneck analysis to identify key and underlying issues related to financial and administrative management of VCM Network in the state
- Based on the analysis, develop a plan of action and timelines
- Work with Data unit to complete VCM profiling exercise and verification on ground
- Ensure timely submission of complete and accurate VCM Network payment lists to field office within given deadlines in every month
- Keep the EoC and other government counterparts abreast regarding program vision and development on integration
- Oversee regular monthly updating of a database of all VCMs and VWS at state level
- Provide weekly report of VCM management issues and challenges and highlight areas where Zonal or NCO support is required
- Provide management support oversight to ensure timely submission of all data reports and feedback
- Conduct review with VWS and provide feedback
- Follow up with monthly VWS work plans, implementation and feedback
- Organise VCM conventions and motivational ceremonies
- Ensure quality check while recruiting new VCMs
- Represent C4D/Polio at EoC
- Ensure timely and documented distribution of job aids, data tools and keep inventory for records
- Review the VCM network on quarterly basis and clearly state operational challenges
- Work with field office and country office finance persons to streamline VCM payments
- Advanced University Degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, health Economics, Health Education) with emphasis on community organization, participatory approaches and research.
- Fluency in English with excellent report-writing skills. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
- Minimum eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of community-based programs, including several years working with community structures.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization, monitoring and evaluation with experience in developing strategy and formulation of key messages.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring strong partnerships and community engagement.
- Demonstrated experience and high acceptability in working with government, UNICEF or other UN organization, INGOs, and donors, working with Polio, immunization or public health provision is an asset.
- Current knowledge of health, immunization interventions and strategies as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Communication skills, to work closely with variety of partners, stakeholders and communities at large
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- The role reports to the C4D/Polio Specialist
- The contract duration is 4 Months